Frequently Asked Questions
An employee assistance program is a service that your employer has purchased so that you have confidential assistance available to you to help you overcome challenges in your work or personal life. It is a service that is provided by employers who recognize the stress in today’s world and the problems that may impact their staff and want to offer top quality resources to make your life easier and healthier. They know it’s a win-win and that when you feel good you will be happier and more productive at work. ESN offers 24/7 toll-free access to a counselor for any mental health or substance abuse concerns you may have in addition to other benefits that may improve your work/life balance.
NO, Confidentiality is the cornerstone of the program. No one will know that you have called unless you give your express permission, and except where indicated by Federal Law and in the following instances:
- When there is suspicion about child abuse or neglect.
- When there is reason to believe that a person might hurt themselves or others.
- When a threat has been made or implied against a specific person or organization.
- When a release form has been signed to allow confidential information to be shared with a specified receiver.
- In addition, your health information will be available to all ESN counseling staff in order to provide immediate assistance to you in the event that your counselor is out of the office.
- In order to facilitate treatment, particularly when a referral to a treatment provider is made, ESN may disclose your health record to other health care providers, with all individually identifying information removed.
- On a quarterly basis, the employer of the organization that has contracted for ESN services will receive a statistical report that demonstrates the utilization of the program in a statistical report, without revealing your identity.
- Employee Support Network will not otherwise use or disclose your health information without your written authorization.
If you have questions about confidentiality, or wish to obtain a copy of your file, please send a request in writing Attention: Privacy Officer, Employee Support Network, 150 Motor Parkway, Ste #LL40, Hauppauge, NY 11788.
Employee Support Network is headquartered in Hauppauge, New York and provides local and national services through effective partnerships with highly skilled providers nationwide.
Day and evening appointments are available. Clinicians are available by phone 24 hours a day 7 days a week for crisis support. Call 1-866-620-2011.
To schedule an appointment, please call the toll-free number and your call will be returned during our daytime hours, which are 9 am - 5:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
As a part of your organization’s benefit package, your use of the EAP is free of charge to its members and their families. Insurance may cover you in cases where it is medically necessary or long-term treatment is recommended and a referral is made to a provider in your insurance plan.
Yes! At Employee Support Network we make every effort to meet your busy lifestyle needs recognizing that a face-to-face appointment is always the optimum.
All members of our clinical staff are licensed clinicians who have passed rigorous state standards that allow them to perform clinical duties. Many have years of experience and additional areas of expertise such as suicide prevention, substance abuse training and marriage and family counseling credentials. We also work with certified financial counselors, attorneys, and eldercare specialists to provide the finest work/life resources possible.
Employee Support Network is a private benefit and is not open to the general public. Your employer has purchased this benefit to cover you and everyone in your immediate household, as well as children under 18 outside the home or in college. When you or a household member call the toll-free line, you will be asked which employer the primary member works for in order to identify eligibility.